JPTEP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Spino's Mod Knowledge for Beginers

Go down

Super Spino's Mod Knowledge for Beginers Empty Super Spino's Mod Knowledge for Beginers

Post  Super Spino Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:44 pm

Ok, I'm making this thread to try and get some people who made be new to modding into it. I will periodically post what can be done and what can't be done, as well as, how to do certian stuff or where to look for toturials.

What can't be done : (This is going to be long...)

New Models- right now, impossible without the game designer's source code.

Baby Dinos- again models and the fact that you would need to code a hell of a lot to get them to breed and reproduce.

Play as a Visitor/Dino- Don't know why people would want this but it just can't be done.

Vet Copter, Hunting Platform and other pre-game development buildings and features- Can't be done as the features were disabled but the files are still in the game.

Waterfalls, and other new terrain features- No animations for water falling or any models or codes so it can't be done.

Aviraies and new fences types- Model problem again but we actually can have smaller fences(See what can be done).

Extremely New Dino behavior that requires new animations- again we can't make animations or new codes so it can't be done.(However we can mod behaivor to some extent see what can be done)

Night and Day cycles - impossible, I wouldn't even know how to go about doing it(However we can have night weather see what can be done).

What can be done : (This is going to be long too...)

Change skins for dinos, buildings, and vehicles - All of them can be done. MG has great skinning toturials and I even think they have toturials for buildings and vehicles.

Dino Behavior - Modding the FSMs are tricky but we can actually give dinos new behavior based on animations and commands already in game.

Have Jeep tour go over mountains and under water - by editing the Max height you can have your jeep tour go over mountains, but I forgot which code changes the water thing...

Multiple Skins - there's a toturial about it on MG.

New Terrain - By eddting the Gbase and Gdetail files you can make new terrian, MG and JPL has some downloads.

New Sky color and texture - It can be done, in fact there's even a mode on it on this site.

New Weather - Sorta', I pretty sure you can mod weather files to have night sounds to go with night sky. I'm also pretty sure you can even edit the tornado weather to get rid of it and maybe make it hurricane.

There's a whole bunch of other stuff that can be modded, if I forgot one post it in the topic and I'll add it, or if you have any questions or problems post them here.
Super Spino
Super Spino
Admin

Karisma : 5758

https://jurassicptepfourm.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum